There are times when printed bottoms are a great go-to piece – every woman needs at least one pair!
KC’s Boutique carries printed shorts, skorts, capris, crops, ankle pants and slim plazzos all from Canadian designers. There are prints to suit every personality and body shape. A printed bottom can be a fun or sophisticated addition to your wardrobe, so let’s add some colour!
TIPS to FEEL GREAT IN PRINTED BOTTOMS
– White blouses are always a good bet for any style.
– A basic black top will give you a chic pulled together look.
– If your print is bold like a leopard print or big flowers, stick with a neutral top to play it safe.
– If you want to go with a solid colour, find something that is in the same seasonal tone as the bottom. For example, autumn tones work well with leopard print.
– If it’s chilly, tuck in a t-shirt and pair with a long and loose cardigan.
– Add heels to dress it up or opt for flats for a casual look.
– Denim shirts work great with printed pants/crops for a casual look and can be like a lightweight jacket too – add runners and a chunky necklace for a fashionable look.
For printed leggings, pair them with an oversized top or sweater in coordinating colour.
For a structured look, pair with a fitted blazer and heels.
Base your print on your best colour – pick a neutral printed bottom that complements your best colour top. If you look best in soft pastel tops, find a bottom in a grey print. This is always a classy look.
If you like to mix patterns, have fun with a patterned scarf and pants in the same colour family but stick to a neutral top.
Have fun! As always, if you need help putting together a new look with printed bottoms, we are here for you.