All too often, we hear women ask, “Am I too old to wear this?” The truth is more often than not, the answer is a resounding NO. There is no rule book or memo dictating what you can or cannot wear at your age.
Once upon a time, we heard that we had to cover our arms or abandon pencil skirts and opt for cashmere twin sets when we became grandmothers. This is absolutely not the case!
Your style is your personal choice! When you feel good, you look good. So next time you find yourself asking, “Am I too old for this?” STOP and keep these tips in mind instead.
- Dress to be yourself. Do you love it? Does it make you feel good? Go for it!
- Signature accessories are an easy way to make your look your own. We see many women with fabulous eyewear or fun shoes that make a statement and define their look.
- Printed pants are great for all ages and very stylish this year. Every woman can pull off a unique printed pant for ageless appeal. The key is finding your ideal fit and balancing your look with a neutral top and the right accessories.
- Shop at age appropriate stores so you can ensure the cuts and fabrics are going to work for your body. You can’t expect to shop at a teen store and look your best. Boutiques and stores that cater to women carry silhouettes, fabrics, cuts, and styles that will flatter.
- What’s your lifestyle? Dress for your lifestyle and don’t force yourself into trends or styles that don’t match your body shape. Dress to feel comfortable and wear practical pieces that make sense for your day-to-day life.
- Know your audience. What do you want to project with your clothing? Your outfits can change with your audience. Wearing a fitted suit with killer shoes projects a powerful, pulled-together vibe, but you may want to go with a novelty t-shirt around the grandkids. Wearing quirky and colourful jewellery is another way to showcase your personality.
- Showing skin doesn’t have to mean showing your belly button. Cold shoulder tops, sheer sleeves, low cut or cut out panel dresses and tops are sexy and elegant at any age. Highlight your best features with cuts and colours that suit your shape.
- When in doubt, go for clothing that makes you feel confident and that is comfortable. Life is too short to be stuck in tight, stuffy and uncomfortable clothes. It is possible to find clothes that feel as good as they look!
- Finally, review your closet regularly and clear out old, outdated and worn-out clothes so you don’t get stuck in a style rut.
No matter how old you are, you want to look like yourself and we can help!