You’re invited to join us for one of two fabulous Drive In Fashion Shows right in the KC’s Boutique parking lot!
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. LIMITED CAPACITY.
Enjoy the view from your car as our models walk between the designated parking stalls to show you the 2020 fall collections of some of your favourite designers!
Drive In Fashion Show
Sunday, September 27th @ The KC’s Boutique’s Parking Lot
Two Showings: 10 AM or 12 PM
All attendees receive a goodie bag that includes a KC’s Boutique coupon and a chance to win exclusive prizes!
Please call us at 250-751-7799 to secure your stall.
We missed hosting our regular events this year due to Covid-19 and now we’ve created a fabulous way to enjoy a safe and fun fashion show experience!
How It Works:
- Registration is required to ensure we stay within government and health authority guidelines. You can fill your car with as many people from your bubble as you’d like as long as each person is registered to attend. Everyone MUST BE REGISTERED before the event. We also require pre-registration so that we can enter each attendee into our prize draws and ensure each person receives a goodie bag.
- Once you register, you’ll receive your designated stall number. Our parking lot will accommodate up to 30 cars and a maximum of 50 people per show.
- When you arrive in your vehicle, you’ll be directed to your designated stall and we will deliver the sanitized goodie bag(s) to your car. Each bag includes a mask, hand sanitizer, wish list, pen, KC’s Boutique coupon, and a few surprises!
- Masks are required. Please keep yours on throughout the show.
- Before the show begins, you simply need to tune your FM dial to the designated station listed in your goodie bag to hear the commentary!
- The models will walk between the cars holding a numbered paddle. If you like the outfit, then simply write the number down on the wish list provided, as well as the desired colour and size(s).
- For everyone’s safety, you’ll have to stay in your car during the show. Feel free to ask models questions as they walk by—they’ll be wearing masks too.
- You can also text your questions to the number in your goodie bag and Karen will read out and answer any questions over the airwaves.
- We will be collecting the wish lists at the end of the show. Items will be held, or if needed, ordered once we confirm with you.
- The Boutique will be closed [Sunday] but Personal Shopping Appointments will be available all day. Pre-book yours for after the show to shop the same day!
Questions? Give us a call at 250-751-7799 or send us a message and we’ll get back to you.
We look forward to sharing the latest fashions with you!
We source fashions from mainly Canadian suppliers who specialize in creating a better fit for petites. We even ask some designers to make special cuts of popular styles like pencil skirts just for our petite customers!
While we excel in fitting petite women, we have over 13 years of experience helping women, sizes 0-16, fit their shape. We recommend booking a Personal Shopping Appointment for help finding your fit.
We will keep monitoring the updates from the province about re-opening the Boutique under specific conditions. UPDATE: We are re-opening for new hours on Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
We are choosing to offer personal shopping appointments at this time. Please send us a message through our website to arrange an appointment.
We wipe down and disinfect all surfaces between appointments and maintain the 2-metre distance, as well as wear masks and gloves.
Please stay at home if you’re feeling ill. If you have any questions, we are happy to answer.
Thank you and we will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
Update on May 15, 2020
Boutique updates effective Tuesday, May 19, 2020 (PDF)
Update on May 4, 2020
Our Boutique is now booking personal shopping appointments. Click to request a spot.
Update on April 24, 2020
It is with much sadness that we are cancelling our 8th Annual Fashion for Compassion Fundraiser due to the indefinite restrictions on large gatherings in the province.
If you have already purchased tickets, you can receive a full refund. As an alternative, we invite you to donate the $40 ticket price to Hospice and receive a tax receipt. Please send us your name, address and phone number to arrange a refund or direct donation to Hospice. Thank you!
Update on March 16, 2020
During these challenging times, our priority is the health and safety of our patrons and staff. With that in mind, we have decided to close KC’s Boutique. Effective March 18, 2020. (Ended May 19, 2020)
We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the guidelines of provincial and federal health authorities. We will post content and updates on our Facebook account and website during the shutdown.
Thank you for your support! Please take care during this difficult time. Our thoughts are with everyone.
Karen & Connie
Parkhurst Covi Wraps
This one size cotton rich shoulder wrap comes with a loop that keeps your wrap in place while you’re on the move. Fabulous for running through the airport, a walk through the park or a special night out! A fashion must-have accessory! Made in Canada.
The best belt ever created! No buckle bulk under your t-shirts, no gap at the back of your jeans, and no laundry day fuss of unthreading it from your belt loops.
- Flexible, adjustable stretch band
- 1/8″-thick all-metal buckle
- Washable in your belt loops
- One-size-fits-most – hips from 20-58″
Outrageously comfortable and built to hug, not pinch.
If you have a larger chest, it can be difficult to find the right fit. Tops that fit your chest are often too large around the ribcage and waist, or fit well everywhere else but at your breasts. Bottoms can accentuate a narrow lower half leading to a too top-heavy look. Here are some suggestions to find the right fit for your shape!
Go For Structure: A great 3- or 4-button blazer brings structure to your top half for a flattering shape. On the bottom, look for flared crops and wider leg jeans to balance your top half. Avoid drapey tops, baggy trousers, or too skinny of a jean.
Tops That Fit: Button-up blouses can be difficult to fit so look for sweaters and knits with stretch to avoid pulling at the buttons. Turtlenecks are a great option too.
Skirts & Dresses: Go for A-line styles to provide balance. Graduated prints with the smaller print on top moving to a bigger print on the bottom are flattering and pretty.
Colours: Classic black and white serve you well. Go for dark colours on the top half. Try the on-trend chambray denim, white, and pastels for your bottom half.
Evening: Play up your chest with a flattering and interesting neckline. Look for styles with wider straps and pair with a well-fitting bra for support and great coverage. Avoid strapless, spaghetti, halter, or backless tops that often do not provide enough support for larger chests.
This year’s spring styles are perfect for this body type! You won’t be disappointed with the gorgeous knit t-shirts, sweaters, and fabulous denim, fabrics and cuts that flatter your shape.
We love to help you find your style!
Thank you for joining us for another outstanding fashion show at St. Philip by the Sea on March 7th with over 90 women in attendance. A lovely time was had by all and a special thank you to the models who showcased the latest spring fashions from the Boutique.
WHAT IS OLD IS NEW AGAIN
For 2020, we are seeing the resurgence of straight leg denim after a decade of skinny jean obsession. While skinny jeans are here to stay, more leg styles are making a comeback including wide-leg denim, flares and bell-bottoms.
Embellishments and colours continue to be on-trend for spring and summer.
Two-tone stitching, fringe, and raw hem ankle pants are popular styles.
Look for mint green, coral and white denim at the Boutique now.
State-of-art denim now moves with you for the most comfortable fit ever. Denim companies are using their own proprietary formulas to create softer fabrics with 4-way stretch. Diagonal stretch is a relatively recent innovation which eliminates bagging and increases the memory of the fabric. You’ll also find new waistbands that stretch while avoiding gaps. One of our favourite innovations is from FDJ. Their Coolmax denim is moisture-wicking and breathable – perfect for travel and ladies who overheat easily.
DENIM AT WORK
Over 12 years ago, when we first opened, made in Canada suiting from lines like Ingenuity, Mondo, and Louben (all out of business companies now) was the popular choice for women at work. Over the decade, fashion trends for the workplace on the west coast have shifted entirely to a more casual style. Denim is now the mainstay of office wear!
Upgrade your work wardrobe with comfortable and chic denim from any of our top lines. Look for pull-on styles that move and stretch with you.
FIND IT AT KC’S
We have specialized in fashion-forward, innovative denim for women of all shapes including petite ladies. Come in and see what is new from the top brands like FDJ, JAG, and Raffinalla Petites and have fun with denim in 2020!