WHY YOU SHOULD WEAR IT
Many of us tend to cover up more as we age, but this is a trend you can wear with confidence no matter what your age as it is truly age-defying.
Showing a little skin is youthful and alluring. This style is a tasteful and elegant way to do so regardless of body type. No one has bad shoulders and shoulders have taken their place as a fashion focal point.
More benefits of this trend are that it offers natural ventilation (wonderful for hot flashes!) and still gives you that feeling of covering up, especially around the neck.
HOW TO WEAR THIS STYLE
Cold shoulder tops work for day and evening and can be found in many different fabrics and styles including blouses, sweatshirts, t-shirts and dresses. Here are our top tips for wearing them:
- Keep the neckline simple with these tops. If you want to accessorize, go for a long pendant necklace.
- If you have a larger bust, go for the more fitted styles with a clean neckline to avoid adding more volume to your chest.
- If you have an apple body shape or more of a tummy, look for styles that float over the stomach and have details or embellishments like embroidery or pearls at the neckline. This draws the eye upward to your gorgeous face and shoulders, thus lifting the eye away from your midsection.
- Triangle or pear body shapes look amazing in a fit and flare dress with the cold shoulder which draws the eye away from the hips. It’s a flattering way to add balance to your proportions.
- If you have an hourglass shape, fit and flare dresses work well too, but also try fitted tops and tunics to highlight your curves in a flattering way.
- Rectangle or straight body shapes can use this style to create curves, especially by adding ruffles and prints to your cold shoulder top or dress.
For all body shapes, you can pair a cold shoulder top with jeans or leggings for a current fashion style that will have you feeling fabulous!
Need help picking out the best style for you? We are here to guide you! Next time you are shopping, ask us to select a few styles for you to try on and see how great you look.