Many BABY BOOMERS are reaching retirement age and are looking to transition their wardrobe into less business and more casual. We are also seeing an influx of retired women, women new to Vancouver Island and women who have changed careers later in life, all who want their closets to shift with them, but don’t know where to start.
If you love fashion and trends… why stop now? Look to your fashion icons for inspiration. Whether classic or chic, there are ways to pull your look together so it’s unique, personal and contemporary.
There are a few factors to make this happen seamlessly and your personal style is key. Embrace the essence of what makes you unique, stop caring about what others think and dress the body you have right now! You can pull anything off if you feel confident.
For many West Coast women, a SMART CASUAL wardrobe will work best. Whether you will be travelling the world, volunteering, visiting grandchildren, dining out, or golfing, smart casual makes sense!
SMART CASUAL BASICS
- Great fitting pants and jeans are a must. A great fit makes all the difference!
- Pieces that can be dressed up or down like a crisp ankle pant or dark jean will give you mileage.
- Basics like tunics, t-shirts and tanks are versatile and indispensable.
- Always have a great dress (or two!) for those occasions when you need to dress up.
- Long sweaters, twin sets and cardigans work well to replace the classic blazer.
- Scarves and jewellery add sparkle to basics.
- Don’t be afraid to invest in stand out pieces like a poet sleeve top or zipper backed sweater – rock it!
- Play with COLOUR and pattern.
- Metallics brighten your skin tone – don’t be afraid to shine!
- Many of us have worn uniforms to work and welcome the chance to play with fun, comfortable and colourful clothing that is easy to care for and makes us feel wonderful.