We’re happy to hear from Style Expert Kathryn Brown with some great fit tips for necklines, collars and jewellery.
To balance your head and upper body through necklines, collars and jewelry, you must first find your balance points.
1. To find your first balance point, use a piece of string to cover the length of your face from your hairline to your chin. If you wear bangs, start at the bottom of your bangs. Next, hold your string where it hits your chin, let the string fall from the bottom of your chin down your chest. Where it ends is your first balance point. This helps you find the best neckline or jewellery lengths to compliment your shape.
2. Find your second balance by starting with the widest part of your face. Next, imagine tracing a “shape” that begins from one side of the widest part of your face, around your jawline and chin, then back up to the other side of the widest part. Repeat the shape you have just traced in your mind at your shoulder line around your neck.The bottom point of your shape indicates your second balance point. Necklines that follow this shape will suit you best and be the most flattering.
Need a hand finding the most flattering necklines for you? Come talk to the knowledgeable staff at KC’s Boutique.
Join us for a Firma Energywear Information Session on Thursday, January 29th at 1:00 pm or 3:00 pm (choose one).
Space is limited, so please reserve your seat today by calling us at 250-751-7799.
- Do you get sore , tired legs, from standing on your feet all day?
- Do you have trouble with circulation? Cold hands and feet
- Do you suffer from muscle fatigue or joint pain?
- Would you like to speed up your recovery time after a hard workout?
- Do your feet and legs swell when you fly?
- Do you have difficulty regulating your body temperature?
- Do you get hot flashes?
Firma Energywear incorporates bio-active crystals into their garments. The positive effects from the clothing are proven.
- Event ,
Come and let us help you pack your suitcase with some tips and fashions that mix and match.
Sunday January 25th @ 2:00 pm
Oliver Woods Community Centre, 6000 Oliver Rd.
Interested? Give us a call at 250-751-7799 for more information.
This event is hosted in conjunction with Expedia Cruise Ship Center.
- Event ,
We love our customers and we want to start off the new year thanking you with a fabulous SALE!
Starting this Thursday, January 8th and ending on Sunday, January 11th, you’ll be able to save up to 70% on sale items at KC’s Boutique!
Buy 1 sale item – get 50% OFF
Buy 2 sale items – get 60% OFF
Buy 3 or more sale items – get 70% OFF
This special only applies to sale items and is only available January 8-11 – no exceptions!
Speaking of sales… we’ve added many new items to our winter sale racks. At 50% off (plus up to 70% off with our Customer Appreciation Sale), now is the perfect time to buy from some of your favourite lines including:
- Joseph Ribkoff
- Frank Lyman
- Separate Ways Suiting
- Dunes – 100% Cotton line – Made in Mexico and works great for hot climates!
- Marble Sweaters
- Proportion Petites
- Parkhurst Sweaters
- French Dressing and MORE!
And it’s not just winter fashions on sale, you’ll find fashion for all seasons or climates on sale now.
- Sale ,
We’re receiving many pieces from the fall and winter collections of our lines like Joseph Ribkoff and Frank Lyman. We’re expecting even more new arrivals in September, but we want you to know that it’s a good time to shop now for fall and winter for the best size selection.
Need a dress? Here are 3 styles of spring and summer dresses for women over 40 that are guaranteed to work for you.
The Sheath Dress
A sheath dress is class all the way. It’s a long, lean body skimming dress that encases your body, enhances your curves or creates them where there are none. This elegant style is typically sleeveless with strong waist definition and a back slit or pleats. It is unfussy and is a fabulous choice for work or anytime you are going to an important event and aren’t sure what to wear.
The Shift Dress
A shift dress is the kind of dress every woman wants in her closet because it is easy and comfortable. It’s sort of like wearing a long top. It hangs loose from the shoulders (sometimes has darts) and falls straight down to above the knee with no waist definition.
Shift dresses can be sleeveless, have short or long sleeves and usually have a high scoop or boatneck neckline. Since they are loose, they give off a casual, relaxed vibe and are excellent for covering up problem areas.
The Fit and Flare Dress
The fit and flare is one of the most popular silhouettes this spring and it’s no wonder. It has a fitted top with a very defined waist and a flared skirt. It can help balance a larger bust, define a waist and add curves. This style is very feminine and pretty.
If you are travelling you may see this article featured in Air Canada’s enRoute magazine. We have this top in yellow or orange hibiscus. The capri we have in hot pink and black. Isn’t it wonderful to have a Canadian Designer seen all over the world and available in your home town!