Nanaimo Community Hospice recently received a donation of $6713 from Karen Griffin and Connie Cyr at KC’s Boutique who hosted a Fashions for Compassion spring fashion show and high tea event on April 26 at the Nanaimo Curling Club. The sold-out event attracted 200 attendees. Funds raised at this event will go directly to support the work of Hospice in our community.
Pictured in the attached photo is Karyn French, NCHS Executive Director, Connie Cyr & Karen Griffin, KC’s Boutique and Shannon Farahbakhsh, NCHS Program Coordinator.
“Karen Griffin and Connie Cyr of KC’s Boutique have raised over $15,000 for Hospice over the past three years with their annual event – what an amazing duo!” said Jeanne Fahlman, Development Officer, Nanaimo Community Hospice. “On behalf of all our clients and volunteers I want to extend a huge thank to all those who attended and supported this event. Because of their generosity and the work of our wonderful volunteers, we can continue to provide free programs and services to our clients.”
We’re happy to hear from Style Expert Kathryn Brown with some great fit tips for necklines, collars and jewellery.
To balance your head and upper body through necklines, collars and jewelry, you must first find your balance points.
1. To find your first balance point, use a piece of string to cover the length of your face from your hairline to your chin. If you wear bangs, start at the bottom of your bangs. Next, hold your string where it hits your chin, let the string fall from the bottom of your chin down your chest. Where it ends is your first balance point. This helps you find the best neckline or jewellery lengths to compliment your shape.
2. Find your second balance by starting with the widest part of your face. Next, imagine tracing a “shape” that begins from one side of the widest part of your face, around your jawline and chin, then back up to the other side of the widest part. Repeat the shape you have just traced in your mind at your shoulder line around your neck.The bottom point of your shape indicates your second balance point. Necklines that follow this shape will suit you best and be the most flattering.
Need a hand finding the most flattering necklines for you? Come talk to the knowledgeable staff at KC’s Boutique.
Join us for a Firma Energywear Information Session on Thursday, January 29th at 1:00 pm or 3:00 pm (choose one).
Space is limited, so please reserve your seat today by calling us at 250-751-7799.
- Do you get sore , tired legs, from standing on your feet all day?
- Do you have trouble with circulation? Cold hands and feet
- Do you suffer from muscle fatigue or joint pain?
- Would you like to speed up your recovery time after a hard workout?
- Do your feet and legs swell when you fly?
- Do you have difficulty regulating your body temperature?
- Do you get hot flashes?
Firma Energywear incorporates bio-active crystals into their garments. The positive effects from the clothing are proven.